Whether you are connecting with people near or far from the church building, we are all learning to attend to
stories and begin to tune in to the work of the Spirit beyond the walls of our church. This is the work of discernment, on the ground, in the flesh and right in the places we live, work, worship and play. We are taking steps together and learning to participate with the work of God in our corner of the world.
Stepping Out: Module 3 Leader's Guide, page 41.
How it Works
Module 3 is shaped around 4 gatherings:
1. Exploring Stories
The group explores and practices attending to stories with the expectation that God is present.
2. God in our stories
The group continues to explore and practice attending to stories with the expectation that God is present.
3. God in the stories of others
The group continues to attend to stories and begins to practice naming where God might be present.
4. Neighbourhood stories and the church
The group continues to attend to stories and reflects upon what naming where God might be at work has to do with the church.
Each of these 4 gatherings are shaped by the following rhythms:
- Bringing Scripture into everyday life with Dwelling in the Word
- Listening and learning as you feedback on things you’ve done
- Being equipped for new activities
- Committing to activities together