Becoming a people of relationship rather than outcome
Beginning with Module 1, Stepping Out fits easily into the life and rhythms of your congregation.
- Use it with any existing group in your congregation, virtually or in person. This could be a youth group, Bible study group, governing body, etc., or pull a new group together.
- Gather regularly around group rhythms that make sense in your context.
- Take a break as needed between modules according to the seasons and rhythms of church life.
- Use more than once! Start new groups and share leadership with others after you complete your first experience.
How it Works
Module 1 is shaped around 5 gatherings:
1. Getting Started
The group is introduced to STEPPING OUT and how they will work together.
2. Current community connections
Work through an exercise designed to help you talk about the ways you are already connected in your community.
3. "Being with" in our community
Explore some of the places you could go and just be present.
4. What are we beginning to discover?
Wonder together about how God is being revealed to you in the places where people gather.
5. What are we discovering about "being with"?
Continue to wonder together about how God is being revealed to you in the places where people gather and begin to reflect on what you are learning.
Each of these 5 gatherings are shaped by the following rhythms:
- Bringing Scripture into everyday life with Dwelling in the Word
- Listening and learning as you feedback on things you’ve done
- Being equipped for new activities
- Committing to activities together
Have a Look Inside
Get started with Stepping Out Module 1 now. Whether you are gathering virtually or in person, you can begin to step into some new ways of being with others and becoming a people of relationship rather than outcomes.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have about how you can get started in your congregation or with a group of churches in your area.